How to Pick the Right Salon in Panama City Beach, Why it’s Worth the Drive
When you find the right salon in Panama City Beach, you find a home, a place where you have confidence in the staff, their experience, and training. You look for a professional salon because you want the quality and personal attention you just can’t get in the bargain chain cutters. But finding the best hair salon for your situation can be even more challenging.
The trademarks of the best salons include a pleasant atmosphere, a well-trained staff, cleanliness, and a welcoming feeling. Further things to look for are stylists that have great hairstyles themselves, good personalities and hold themselves in a professional manner.
In most cases, you want to fins aa salon that gives you access to hairdressers and stylists that are competent and keep up with all the latest trends. Naturally the salon and the stylists should be licensed, but look for certifications in the products they represent as well. You want to have a positive experience that inspires trust both in the salon and the stylist you chose. Your stylist should be a good communicator and willing to instruct you on how to maintain the look they create after you go home and sleep in it.
Finally, if you are new to the area and do not yet have friends to ask for recommendations, check out FaceBook and Google My Business among other sites for reviews. You may have heard these reviews are just made up, well today this is simply not true, especially Google My Business reviews are all verified as true and from unique sources. If the trend is towards 5 stars and glowing reviews you can be pretty confident, they are a good shop. Do not let 1 bad review influence you, there is always one, look for the trend, read many of the reviews, you will see a pattern good or bad, no one review is the whole story.
Here are a few suggestions to look for when selecting a salon to visit. A trendy look is nice, but above all you need an experienced salon that makes you feel welcome and lets you walk out feeling good about YOU!
- References and Reviews – If you are not new in town, ask friends and people at work or church who you like the style of their hair, where they went for such great looking hair. This will give you a starting point, and endear you to your friends and acquaintances, everyone likes to be noticed for great-looking hair! In the salon itself, is it busy, are the stylists trendy, customers leaving happy and looking great? Finally, good salons will have commendations and certifications from the products they represent?
- Atmosphere and Comfort – When you go for a style, it should be an enjoyable experience. You are taking time out from your day and, if it is a good well-respected salon, you are paying a fair amount for an exclusive experience. Do you like the look of the salon, is it well airconditioned, are there comfortable chairs in the waiting room and how are you greeted when you walk in. You should feel welcome as soon as you arrive, there should be a short wait time if you have a timed appointment, look for comfortable surroundings and music you do not hate. These things make all the difference in your experience and make it worth the extra expense and time for a truly unique experience and really great looking hair!
- Services Available – Naturally you want a full-service salon, one experienced and qualified in color, straightening, curling, blow-outs, and of course great styling. Do they offer manicures and pedicures in the same location, certain “spa” treatments? Do they have special services for weddings and special events? The more qualified services in a salon, the more they are truly full service and the better prepared they will be for any need you may have in the future.
- The Little Extras – You can’t beat the total experience, though it should not be a requirement in your final decision. Are the seats comfortable do they offer water or other beverages, after 1 or 2 appointments do they remember your name and welcome you back in like it is your home? The right salon can be the highlight of your week, it should never be a chore to go to the stylist!
- Finally, Popularity – simply tried and true sign to watch for, if the salon busy, how easy is it to get an appointment with the stylist you chose? When you walk in is it busy, or are there 3 stylists sitting around joking and on their phones? You should always need an appointment, but that appointment will be well worth the wait if the experience and service match your expectations.
LAST NOTE: Do not pick a salon based on a product line, all product lines have something special about them, but it is likely that a popular, high quality and licensed salon will have products that fit your needs. Judge the cleanliness, friendliness, atmosphere, and qualifications of the salon and its stylists. If you follow these steps, we are sure you will have a great experience for years to come!
If you are in or near Panama City Beach, check out Hairology of Panama City Beach, look up our reviews, call us or just come in and look around. We are sure you will like what you see, hear and read, we are THE Salon in Panama City Beach, we know the trends and the classics. We want to be your home for hair, Hairology of Panama City Beach.